Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The one where I wax about Vixanne

Ok. So my last post wasn't intended to be about Synge, but I had to explain where the name Mr. Artsy Hotpants came from and well, I just sort of went off. But, I meant everything I said about her. In the ineterest of equal time and so I can give you, dear reader, a sense of the people in my life, this post is dedicated to Vixanne. After this one, I swear, I'll get on to discussing more pressing things like Project Runway (the best TV show ever), and my upcoming weekend in Chicago.

I have been friends with Vixanne for 14 years. Jesus! We met in high school. I thought she dressed neat. She exceled at something I didn't, which was writing. I thought she was the coolest. I mistook that for burgeoning love which was confessed in a Hardee's Drive Thru (no need to relive the event- those reading this already know the details). We were inseperable for years. There was a time in college where we weren't so close, but I don't remember a whole lot about that time. Gosh, I keep writing that I don't remember so much about my college years that it makes me sound like a complete stoner or drunk. I was neither. Just boy crazy.

Vixanne knows absolutely everything about me. Everything. She knows me better than anyone except maybe my mother. And though she doesn't like to hear it, I know her. It's weird. I think we have this intuitive understanding of each other that we never talk about but has actually grown deeper over the years. We have a bond that is difficult to verbalize, but it's comfortable and valued and reassuring and sometimes a pain in the ass. It isn't always fun to have someone in your life who can call you on your shit all the time and be right about it almost all the time.

I love Vixanne becuase I can tell her anything and always know that she'll judge it. People who say they don't judge are so full of shit. I love Vixanne because she snagged just about the best man on the planet and she deserved it. Given her history with men, I actually find this feat truly amazing! I love Vixanne because she looks at the world through the same jaded lense I do. And she laughs about it. I love Vixanne becuase she still believes the world is full of possibility. But I guess I love Vixanne the most, because I never doubt for a second that she always has my back (that makes her sound like a badass which she is definitely not). I don't know how you can go through life otherwise.

Vixanne has been going through some serious stuff recently. Grown up shit. Adult problems. Stuff that when she told me about it, I was embarrassed to ask myself, "How does one be a grown up friend?" Her baby died. Is that right? Is that the proper way to say it? I find I can't ask her these things. Dealing with this is a huge leap from discussing how long H&M clothes really last and the morality of the latest outcast from Survivor Vanuatu. When she told me, I cried. I never, ever cry. So what do I do? How does one be a grown up friend? I guess I'm just me. I listen. I talk. I make jokes. And for now, I hope, that seems to be enough.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

Awwww shucks. That was just about the sweetest post ever. I'm gonna cry. You'd think I'd be out of tears by now. I have to remind you that you did not actually confess your love to me at Hardees. That was our first "date" where we went to the library and then to Hardees and I knew you were gay because you didn't even offer me any food. You confessed your love to me on the phone some time shortly after, and I believe I said, "MAH, I don't need this shit right now. You're gay!"

I do know you MAH, and you know me too. We are cut from the same cloth. Both very fiercely protective people who maybe scare themselves a little bit with all that STUFF going on inside. (But I think you are a little bit more shallow than I am.) And both people who see the utter absurdity of life and don't pretend to be anything we aren't. Even when I hate you, I love you, because hating you is like hating myself.

Kisses to you MAH.
Vixanne

10:25 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

i never heard the hardees story before!

it's weird, vix does judge, but somehow its not as hurtful as judgement from others...i wonder if its because she admits it? or maybe its because she's so fiercely loyal, that even if she's judging you, you know that she will staunchly defend you and stand by you and love you anyway.

actually before we were really friends, vixanne got mad at me and didn't speak to me for like a year...actually i think she intend to ostracize me for a year and in practice it was only like 5 months or something. i deserved it though, because i lied to and dissed (word choice in honor of vix) llama boy.

anyway, the two of you are freaky psychic twins in a lot of ways. that's cool.

11:34 AM  
Blogger MAH said...

Well apparently Synge, a tell tale sign of a homosexual is if you are in a Hardee's drive thru and the person driving doesn't offer you any food the driver is not, contrary to popular opinion and the bext experts, rude, they are queer. Vixanne is a bitch for sure. But she's my bitch and I love her.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

MAH went through the drive in, ordered his food and then failed to ask me if I wanted anything either. Actually, that's just kind of rude, but I think that if a boy wants to get in your pants he's going to remember to ask you if you want something to eat....he's also probably not going to take you to Hardees. That MAH was completely oblivious to these things (and that he was in drama and that he liked New Order and Pet Shop Boys and that he really liked fashion and that he was on lit mag and that he died his hair and that he had his ears pierced and that he was really pretty flaming) kind of clued me in that he was gay.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

Gee, I just figured it out from the crisp enunciation and the lilty intonation.

Mr. Artsy Hotpants does always offer food now though, so I'm quite confused, as he's definitely still gay.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home